Sol Group of Companies
SOL Group of Companies is a specialist in wholesale telecommunications, SOL Group of Companies - originally founded in Tanzania, today has its headquarters based in UK, with 20 offices placed globally in 5 continents. Sol provides service on global scale with 19 years of experience in the mobile industry, attracting a broad range of partners and customers.
Slowness of mails was largely faced issue affecting productivity of company, when you involved in B2B marketing it’s about making volume transaction within narrow time frame.
Unwanted/Spam mails, addressing unwanted mails receiving in inbox was another hazardous for all of employees.
And Most important was Groups/Mailing lists and keeping id’s discrete, for their legacy mail server which was not available.
Switched to GApps which resulted increasing mail response time and uptime.
Auto marking of SPAM/Unwanted mails by Google server saved every morning’s exercise of moving mails out of inbox.
Google group for business provided to fulfill several requirements like creating mailing, including outside organization users in groups, control who can reply and keeping those mailing list open for everyone on internet or team/organization level.
There was no IT team, so Shivaami deployment team had crucial role to play. We understood their current setup, gathered requirement for how do they want to continue and planned deployment accordingly.
Below given is some important question answer set which gives clarity on “how we did it ?”
- Do you require old data ?
- How account is accessed with Imap or Pop ?
- Will you continue to use outlook as client ?
- With IMAP some with Pop.
Result : Legacy mail server did not have IMAP and all id’s were configured with POP, so old data was available in PST. New Google account was configured with IMAP so they can refer their old mails and move/copy any important mails to Gmail profile.
- What you use for mailing list ?
- Mailing list includes only within domain id’s or outside too ?
- Will outside users have rights to post on your mailing list ?
- Email id’s configured with forwarding mails to required users.
- For few Groups required outside id’s to be receiving mails too.
- Yes, for some groups anyone on internet should allow to post.
Setup : Configured Google Groups for business for group id’s like email@example.com allowed ‘add users outside to organization’. For firstname.lastname@example.org kind of groups only team level access provided. Partners group kept completely closed also making it disable with web access. And email@example.com was open group allowing anyone to post and so on.
- Will you be able to setup new mail id’s on email clients ?
- What email client and devices you have ?
- Will require help, as we don’t have any it support in organization.
- Outlook, Mac mail, Iphone, Blackberry.
Action : Setting manuals provided for email setup, made user understand working difference between IMAP and POP account access to let them choose best option for them. For few users shown how to configure account with remote desktop.
Above tasks resulted in successful shift to G Suite with proper and effective use of Mail service.